Blogging is essential in helping your law firm website get noticed by both search engines and potential clients. We are a team of JDs and attorneys who specialize in writing practice area-specific legal blogs that are keyword rich practice area relevant.
As you are probably well aware, practicing law is a very time-consuming task. Between meeting with clients, appearing in court, drafting legal documents, and running your firm, maintaining your law firm’s website often takes a back seat. A consistently updated and targeted legal blog is one of the most effective ways to get noticed by both search engines and your potential clients. Search engines are consistently crawling the internet and updating their search results, and websites with fresh, unique, and relevant content consistently rank better than those that remain static. In addition, keyword rich blogs that are targeted towards your practice areas and geographic market will help your clients find you when they search the internet looking for an attorney.
So, Why Hire Us?
Effective and high-quality blogging takes a significant investment of time. To write a quality legal blog entry, you need to:
- Choose a topic or news story relevant to your practice area
- Research the relevant law
- Decide which keywords to include
- Write the content
- Add links
- Add HTML tags
- Categorize the entry
- Post the blog entry to your website
Additionally, as state bars consider lawyer and law firm websites attorney advertisements, it is paramount that any material that appears on your website is legally accurate and complies with all relevant ethical rules. As a result, it is important to have someone familiar with these issues write your material to make sure the content on your website is in compliance with these rules to avoid any issues with your bar association.
This is where the writers at Lexicon Legal Content come in. All of our writers have at least two years of law school experience and understand how to conduct legal research and write quality content in compliance with the ethical rules in your jurisdiction. We will consult with you prior to the start of any project in detail to understand your goals and any topics that you want to highlight or avoid. Additionally, all of our legal bloggers have SEO training and understand how to choose keywords relevant to your practice and also how to include them naturally in the content that they generate.
Importantly, our legal bloggers all thoroughly understand the difference between providing legal information and legal advice. All content is written as general legal information intended to prompt the reader to contact an attorney licensed in their jurisdiction for advice on their specific matter.
When we take on a new client, the first thing we do is collect information regarding the practice areas you are trying to highlight and the geographic areas you would like to target. Once we feel that we have thorough understanding of your goals, one of our legal bloggers generates content for your blog, complete with HTML tags, links to authoritative sources, and formatting appropriate to your website. From there, we can either post the material directly to your website as a draft or send it to you for review prior to posting. We generate three basic categories of blog entries:
- Informational blogs – This type of entry provides general legal information relevant to your practice area. Often, they can take the form of an FAQ article or an answer to a question that a client may ask.
- News-based blogs – To generate this type of entry, our legal bloggers will search local and national news organizations for stories relevant to your practice area and target geographic market. In the content, we will provide a synopsis of the story, seguing into a discussion about the relevant law in your jurisdiction.
- Firm News – Whenever possible and ethically permissible, you should highlight your successes and recent case results. In addition, blogging about the addition of a new associate or partner can help clients feel more connected with your firm.
A well-written, optimized, and consistently updated blog can provide small and large law firms a tremendous return of investment. Email or call us today at 314.691.8602 to discuss how we can help you generate more business.